Monday, May 3, 2010

we vote with our money.

This last weekend I got to race my car. It was the best fun I have had in about a month. I have had a pretty good week. Getting a new job, and racing my car. Cant get much better than that. Anyway, I ran this weekend at two different tracks, with two different clubs. Usually I just race with NASA, but Someone tells me all the time that you vote with how you spend money. I have been a little irritated with how the organization scheduling of the NASA racing has been going so I raced with NASA on Saturday, and Pro-autosports on Sunday. The clubs are run very differently. Competition is tougher at NASA, but the Pro Auto Sports group is much more organized. I did have a really good time on Saturday, we raced at PIR, the place where I spun my car into the wall. After a few laps, I was back to my old self and I didnt miss my turn in into turn one not one time. Nope, one wreck is enough for me to learn not to miss the important marks. I had done some adjusting on the cars shocks, and pretty much messed them up. I was lucky to have someone set them for me before the end of the day, and the car was much better, much easier for me to drive during the last session.
Sunday we raced at Firebird International Raceway, on the east track. I like that track. A couple of long straights on one side, and a slight elevation change and lots of curves on the other side. It makes for a nice challenging course. I had a really good time. The car was much better on Sunday. I followed directions and set the shocks a little different and it was really easy to drive fast. A couple of other corvette club member were there and there were a couple of sessions where we pretty much had the track to ourselves and got to race each other really hard. I had a blast, and I learned one thing for sure. I have a really good car, and I just need to drive it better. And I had such a good time running with Pro Auto sports I am going to vote some more and run with them a few more times this year. Next time Memorial Weekend at Inde Motorsports ranch. One of the finest tracks in the southwest. I cant wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment