Thursday, May 6, 2010

an activist is born

The last two days have been interesting for me. You see, I took it upon myself to get pissed off because As Sharpton, and Danny Glover were here to protest our new immigration law. I dont really understand their way of thinking because they are here because their ancestors were slaves and brought here against their will. The illegals are here because they want to be. I dont understand. Anyway after having a conversation with one of my friends who moved here from Australia, I feel I have a deeper knowledge of the immigration issue. You see. He is really offended by this issue. He wanted to move here, and took all the neccessary steps to get his citizenship. And he pays taxes, has his own business etc. The illegals dont pay taxes. Their kids go to school here for free. They get free health care. So being all pissed off like a get sometimes that nobody was saying anything positive about the law. I decided to take white shoe polish and put "support Arizona Immigration Law" on the back of my car window. Ive been driving it around for two days while making sales calls. The response that I have been getting is truly amazing. You see I have thought for years that the reason people dont vote is because they have given up on the politicians. You see our elected officials dont seem to do what they are elected to do. They dont care what we want. The last two days driving around in my car with that saying in the window has done nothing but solidify that in my mind. You see people are passionate about this issue. PASSIONATE. I get nods and thumbs ups, from dozens of people every time I drive. I also get a few people shaking their heads at me, and one woman in a beat up old mustang, needing a wash actually flipped me off. I screamed at her I wouldnt touch her with a 10 foot pole or something to that effect. Dave thought I was nuts and my car would get vandalized. Actually I had a moment when I thought he might actually be right. A large guy, I mean a REALLY large guy in an 80's era pickup, that probably had one million miles on it, he looked Mexican, started honking at me to get my attention, just when I thought he was going to ram into me, he gave me the thumbs up with both hands. Weaving all over while driving with his REALLY huge leg I am sure. People have an opinion about this issue. Why is nobody listening. Why did it have to get this way in the first place. Thank god the Canadians like to move here for the winter and move home when it warms up or we would really be screwed. I just dont get it what are we going to have to do to get our ELECTED officials to do what we ask. And another thing. Our chocolate president is doing just as shitty as job handling the oil rig spill in the gulf, as W did handling hurricane Katrina. He should do much more than he is. It is truly going to be a catastrophie and sitting on his ass and letting BP take care of it is not going to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment