Friday, April 30, 2010

our borders are secure

In recent history, our ex Governor, who nobody really liked anyway, Janet Napolitano, said in an interview that our borders were secure. Well I wonder what she has to say to the Rancher's family who was killed recently by a drug smuggler, or what she has to say to the deputy sherrif who was shot today only an hour south of Phoenix, investigating a report of drug runners making their way thru the desert. He was shot and left for dead, by a drug smuggler carrying an A.K. 47 assault rifle. One of the best thing that has happened to this state since I moved here was President Obama taking Napolitano to Washington. She sucked as governor, and she sucks equally as secretary of Homeland Defense. The only reason that Arizona passed the immigration bill that they have is because they are not getting any help from Washington. Hell even Obama didnt really take a stand when he soft pedalled the issue and said tough times brought drastic measures. I believe that all the protesters have to right to do so because they are in American and this is the land of free speach. I just wish they had to pass some kind of intellegence test, or actually have some form of knowledge of what the issues are. We live in a glorious country,and I live in a Great state. I like it here better than anywhere I have ever lived. This is a great valley . I have never been moved enough before to actually become any kind of activist. I am now. J.D Hayworth is not integellent enough to replace John McCain as on of our senators. Anybody that compares homosexuality to people having sex with animals doesnt have the good sence to represent any state in any capacity. He can have his opinions, he can even shout them from the rooftops if he so chooses, he has that right. But Arizona deserves better representation than that in Washington.
I get to race my car this weekend. I hope to have a really good time because on Monday I start a new job. I've been looking for a long time. Its depressing. College degreed job available that pay $7.50/hour. How is a young adult supposed to pay their rent, utilities, buy food, and pay off their student loans. I feel really fortunate to have found something to do that I am really interested in. I've been looking since about this time last year. If it has taken me this long, and I am a fairly upbeat kinda guy. I cant imagine how somebody feels that has had a college degree and a career has lost his job and is out looking for work. Anyway I hope all my horse show friends are having a good time at the shows. And everyone else also. I'll have a GREAT yearling filly for sale this fall. and next year I will have and UNBELIEVABLE hunter under saddle prospect for sale by Curb Appeal. Hopefully this time next year I'll have three foals by my roan horse as I have bred all my mares to him this year. I'm pretty good at the breeding thing and I bet he will have GREAT babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment