Saturday, February 27, 2010

some people are too blind to be president.

Ok, I'd like to tell you about my week as it pertains to doctors and my health care. First a little background about my health insurance. I have a policy that cost's me $212. a month. With a $3000.00 yearly deductable. But I have zero emergency room cost up to $2500.00 a day. I can go every day if I want. I judged a horse show last weekend and was out in the sun for two days. I have had this thing on the side of my nose for the last several years that looks somewhat like a pimple and it bleeds now and then. A few years ago when I noticed it it only bled during the summer if I was out in the sun for several consecutive days. Recently is has gotten considerably worse and this last weekend it started bleeding in the shower when I washed my face. So now I'm concerned. Any way. I give lessons to a lady who has had some dermatology work done lately and I talked to her and we called her Dr. I figured since I had such I high deductable I would just start with the Dermatologist. Well guess what I'm wrong. I call her doctor who wont see me without a referral. So I call my health insurance co and try and find a Dr. in my area. When I call him, he says yes he can see me but he is really busy and make an appointment for next month. Now I didnt actually get to talk to a Dr. Just the bitch who answers the phone. She talked to me like I was the stupidist person on earth. So I would have to pay the Dr. for the referral if I went to him, and then pay the dermotologist, until I got up to $3000.00. I have a new plan. The neighbor lady is going to cut my nose with a straight razor, then I'm going to go to the emergency room, because that wont cost me anything, and then I'm going to get a referral to a Dermotologist, or just have them remove the thing on my nose while I'm in there, because I'm sure its bad enough now it wont stop bleeding for a long time. My whole point to this stupid rant is not my nose, but just how screwed up our health care system is, and that is because of the insurance companies and the Dr.'s and the Gov't.

No comments:

Post a Comment