Friday, February 5, 2010

an unknown entity.

The weather is beautiful again here in the Valley of the Sun, as it should be. It has been a really good week here. Lots of lessons, the race car is ready to run, as am I, and the roan horse has been sound all week. That is a good thing, especially since he is tired as hell of staying in his stall or walking to the round pen. I came to the realization that he was sound again when he bit me over the round pen fence on Tuesday when I went out to bring him back to the barn. In a fit of anger I worked his rather blubber enhanced ass off. Has been sound all week since and I worked him again. So its back to work for him, slowly and if he stays sound he'll get to go to the world show one last time his last junior year. My 3 yr old filly is now so tall that her withers are at the top of my head. After last years cluster sending one out to be trained I fear that I'll be showing this one in Hunter Under Saddle myself. For those of you who havent seen me show hunt seat. Just imagine a 250# linebacker dressed up in tights and a suitcoat looking as out of place in a hunter undersaddle class as a semi on a road course. Speaking of semi's if you dont have your class A license and your pulling a goose neck horse trailer. You better get one, they are really cracking down around the southwest. The east coast is supposed to get a blizzard. I cant think of a better place for a deep freeze than Washington D.C.
Being a fan of american automobiles, specifically General Motors cars, and Ford trucks, I am infinitely happy about all the recall's that seem to be plagueing Toyota at the moment. Frankly the day that G.M. had to file bankruptcy was a sad day for me. I grew up on G.M. cars. Specifically G.M. muscle cars, GTO's Firebird's Camaro's and Corvettes. We never owned a 4 door anything while I was growing up. We always had to cram in the back seat of some kind of G.M. coup. Even though american car makes flouder badly in the 80's, with a few exceptions, the 90's started a quality and styling revolution, not including the Pontiac Aztek. Having driven a fair amount of cars over the past years, foreign and american, german and Japanese. I dont think the gaps in quality are that great. The new Cadillac's, Corvettes, Fusions and Taurus' are fine automobiles and the automotive press needs to get with the program. Well enough of my latest soapbox rant. You all have a great weekend, and if something spectacular happens this weekend at the raceway I'm sure I'll tell you Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment