Saturday, December 4, 2010

Live a good life.

I have a good life. Or I try to have a good one anyway. I try to be a good guy, and you know most of the time good guys finish last. I like to think that I have many friends and I really enjoy their company when we are together. I have enjoyed the horse business most of it anyway. I enjoy the horses and the people. The politics and the hipocracy of the AQHA pisses me off, but I'm sure that I'm not alone where thats concerned. Frankly no reason to bitch about it. I dont have the power to change anything and nobody likes a whiner anyway. Foaling and breeding season is just around the corner and I'm looking forward to both. I think I'll have some great babies, and with a little luck maybe I'll get to breed some good mares this year. Especially since the mares are just as, if not more important than the studs.

The weather here is beautiful today. I'm going to work in the barn and play with my weanling filly today. Of course she will be a yearling soon and she needs some attention. She is as big as my yearling filly and just as pretty. Very quiet and seems to be good minded. I've taken a long enough break that I've started to enjoy the horses again. It helps when you have good ones.

I might get lucky enough to have time to run out to PIR and watch the SCCA vintage races. I'd like to take the time to get some really good photos. In their own way cars are just as beautiful as horses. They are very similiar. I enjoy them both immensely. I have achieved one of my lifelong goals last weekend. Kind of one of the items on my bucket list. I moved up a division with my race car into race group. Instead of just racing for time. Now I am actually racing wheel to wheel with other drivers. It was way too much fun. It rained in the morning so I was a little apprehensive as I dont like to race in the rain and the track was a little wet. I actually decided to sit out the qualifying race because of the rain and had to start last in the field because of it. Seemed like a good option because I really like my car and I didnt want to take any extra chance in wrecking it. Anyway I started 12th and finished 5th so I was pretty happy for my first time in race group. The point of this whole blog is that you owe it to yourself to find a way to do the things that make you happy. They may be expensive, or time consuming, or not the things that your loved ones want you to do, but if they make you happy you'll be a much happier and well adjusted person to live with. Life is short, sometimes its worth taking some chances. Life is not practice. What type of example do you want to set for your children and your friends. Get off the couch, try a new hobby, take that leap and find out whats out there for you to enjoy. You never know, the new group of friends that you make may just be something you need sometime. Have a great weekend and go pull that wild hair!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment