Saturday, December 25, 2010

Some Thoughts on Christmas

I had a really nice Christmas. This year is wasn't about the presents or a big home made holiday meal. It was all about spending quality time with the one you love. We spent this holiday at the Boulders Resort in Carefree. The resort itself is not all that spectacular, Compared to some of the other resorts here in the Phoenix area the Boulders is actually tremendously outclassed. As a destination for snowbirds looking for a way to escape the assault of winter its more than adequate. I found the service average at best. UN-organized staff, expensive menu and the room smelled moldy. I had to settle in for the night before I relaxed enough to enjoy the holiday and the company. We chose to venture into North Scottsdale and have dinner at Maggiano's. Its a very cool place. Reservations were definitely recommended the place was packed, but the service and the food were exceptional. The parking lot happened to be filled with a veritable buffet of luxury automobiles. I was definitely in the Christmas spirit after such a good meal and I started to enjoy the evening. The people watching was fantastic.

Anyway I wake up every day thinking that today will be better than the last. Sometimes that's hard to do and many of you probably find that hard to believe because I bitch a lot. But those of you who really know me know that I'm pretty harmless unless I'm REALLY pissed off.

So be happy and enjoy the ones you are with. This is a week of new beginnings with the New Year just around the corner. A chance for all of us to start fresh full of possibilities and new goals and accomplishments. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment