Tuesday, November 30, 2010

is this really christmas

I had a great weekend. It was nothing but pure self indulgence. I was at the track all weekend. I instructed Friday and Saturday, and Raced my car with mediocre sucess on Sunday. I will get better, I am a creature of habit, and somewhat of a slow learner, but I can learn. Anyway, on Monday Dave and I went to breakfast at the Liberty Market. It's a really cool place in Gilbert, has great food and pretty good atmosphere, its a laid back kind of social place. Sitting at the table next to us were a group on individuals that were planning the big Christmas service for one of the Churches in the area. You know the church I'm sure. Its a BIG one, very modern and popular with all sorts of glamour and glitz. It was a pretty large group, all men incidentally, and they were planning the big christmas production. Music, pagentry, light show, choir singing etc. The only secular thing I heard them planning at all was the fact that they had 18 baptism's to crank out at two minutes a piece. Two minutes. They were treating these very special events in a family's life as if they were infringing on their production of christmas. If christianity has gotten to this point. Count me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment