Monday, December 6, 2010

Life and my Heroes

Today I was once again reminded of my mortality. Don Meridith passed away. I didnt know him. He wasnt necessarily one of my heroes. I did however spend many Monday nights watching him on Monday Night Football. When someone that I watched and remember fondly from my childhood passes away, it always makes me a little sad and it reminds me that we are not really here for all that long. We need to make the most of it. I think I grew up watching some very unique and special people. John Wayne, Johnny Carson, Lucille Ball, Farah Fawcet to name a few. I used to watch the Sonny and Cher show. I recently went to see Burlesque and frankly if you dont like the music and the dancing the only taste you have is in your mouth. I watched Charlies Angels too. A really stupid show frankly, but what great fantasy and entertainment. John Forsythe, Tom Bosley, and Farah. I watched Maude too. I thought Maude reminded me of my mother, and when the Golden Girls was on I watched that too. I still think Bea Arthur was like my mother. I think Rue McClanahan was one of the funniest women on T.V. See if you remember what popular T.V. shows these actors appeared in. Pernell Roberts, Merlin Olsen, Peter Graves, and what about Paul Newman, and Dale Earnhardt. I loved to watch Designing Women and Dixie Carter. That is just a few. I certainly hope that the youth of today can look back when they get to be my age and have fond memories of the celebrities of today. I think that Ive had great sports heroes, movie and t.v. stars to grow up with and grow old watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment