Friday, January 1, 2010

people will show you who they are

Last nite, I went to possibly the best new years eve party that I have ever been too. Maybe 10 couples, the weather was great, the moon was incredible, good food and great company. It was fun, and relaxing all at the same time. We celebrated the new year in fine fashion.
This was all with a new group of friends that I have made since I moved to Arizona and one of the things that struck me the most was how a diverse group of individuals we all were. People will show you who they are. Thats not original, Some famous writer or philosopher said it, but I have never noticed how true is was until last nite. You see I bring this up because I like all of these people very much. We all come from different backgrounds have different hobbies, kids, no kids, marriages, political backgrounds etc, and I am more comfortable in this group of people that I have been than any group I have ever been with before. While contemplating this fact I realized thats because I dont care who or what they are, because that is who or what they are. I think I have finally gotten to the point in my life when I have learned to accept most people for who or what they are. Flaws, scars and all. Dont get me wrong, I still cant even begin to tolerate EXCEPTIONALLY STUPID, OR MEAN PEOPLE, but the rest of you are just pretty damn all right. I guess when you lose someone that your very close to, and lose them in a pretty awful way watching slowy die. You slowly kind of learn to get your priorities in line. Life isnt practice, you dont get to do this over at the last minute if you decide, you want to try again. Take people for who they are, dont judge or try and make them something their not, and guess what , if your happy with your self, other peoples idiocyncrises wont matter at all.
Life is pretty good after all. Go out and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment