Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Years.

In deciding what to write about in todays blog I am going to wing it nobody has pissed me off today. No causes, I'm even going to give our chocolate president a bye. I'm sure by tomorrow I'll have my ass in the air about something else that I'll have to vent about.
Anyway I guess I'll just give a little synopsis of my year and wish everyone a Happy New Year.
2009 was a pretty good year for me. Not as special as 2008. That was a once in a lifetime adventure, but this year was almost equally as good. I always try to find the good in things, when I'm not being an ass, that is. All the horses that I had in training this year had a successful year, and the ones that I trained last year and moved on to do time with someone else, were equally as successful or more so than when they were with me. Barkley was great when I showed him. Qualifying for the world show in 4 events, Being listed on the super-horse contender page, and making the finals in 3 of the 4. Unfortunately he injured himself and was unable to show in the finals in two of his best events. I cant say enough good things about my horse show friends that helped my achieve my goals this year. I hope they know how much I appreciate them. I'm sure that I dont say it enough. The horse business has been really slow for me this year, so next I am planning on doing something different. I dont know what that is yet, but I'm sure that I will figure it out when it happens.
I have had the absolute best time this year racing my car. I have always wanted to race cars, I used to dream about it when I was little. I have to tell you, it is exactly as fun as I always thought it was. I can't seem to get enough of it. I get to go once a month, which is not nearly enough for me, and guess what. It costs way less that showing horses. I usually get by spending as much on a two day race weekend, as I would on a stall at a horse show. And the investment on the car is less, I did spend quite a bit on my race engine, but still less than I have on buying a horse in a long time. I guess that I really dont have any complaints at all.
We're going to a slumber party tonight for new years eve, good thing, I cant stand drunks on the road and if I dont have to drive home after midnite I wont have to run into any. And Phoenix does way too many sobriety checks. You'd think there would be less drunks.
Anyway, I hope you all have a great new years, and I'll talk to you soon in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment