Tuesday, January 12, 2010

a scary fact.

This last weekend I got to go to the track for the first time this year. It's January, It's cold. No worries I'm in a car, I'll stay warm. Wrong. You see, to optimize the horsepower to weight ratio of my car and still compete in the class that I want to I removed the air conditioner, and all its parts, heater included to make the car lighter. Those of you who know me know I'm not exactly small so I thought I had quite a bit of leeway there. Anyway. it was 49degrees the first time on the track saturday morning and guess what I froze my ass off. To make matters worse to be on the track, you have to leave the windows down. Thats in case you have a wreck and the doors get jammed shut someone can reach in, grab you by the shoulders and hoist you out thru the window. Imagine some track worker trying to pull me out of my car. Hell I weigh twice as much as most of them. Lets just say. I had better not wreck. Needles to stay I have installed a fire extingusher where the passenger seat was, and a fire supression system is on the horizon for installation soon. When your riding around in 49 degree weather, windows down. 125 down the front straight wind swirling inside the car, I have a really really bad head cold. This give and entirely new meaning to the phrase "you play you pay" I have a new visor on order now too.

No comments:

Post a Comment