Tuesday, December 29, 2009

they are so similiar it is scary.

The fodder for my blog seems to be unending these days. Last nite I was on the NASA forum reading the posts and planning my races for next year, when I came upon a post written by the organizer of NASA Arizona. He was talking at length about how, when, and where he was taking his car, which happens to be fast, to get dyno'ed and weighed so that those that protest could be present to see the facts. You see his car is very fast, and I guess he is too because he drives it.
Now the similarities to the horse business become scary here. If somebody buys a nice quality talented horse, no matter the cost, and it becomes a winner. Everyone thinks its because it is such a great horse. Of course it couldnt be the fact that if it was well trained, the person showing the horse is a really talented individual. Say someone buys and traines this horse, or raises a nice horse, trains it and it becomes a winner in the show pen, its always because of the horses talent, Credit is hardly ever given the the ability of the rider to train the horse and keep it a winner in the show pen.
It is the same with the driver of the fast car. Now I'm telling you. I love racing more than anything that I have ever done in my life, and I am a rank amature at it. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that if Mario Andretti and I were driving the exact same car, he would whip my ass. Do you suppose thats because he is a better driver. God I'd hope so... Do you suppose that the same this applies to the car owned by the guy here in Arizona, it may be built to be a fast car, but if he was tallentless he surely couldnt achieve that track times that he does. The same goes for the fancy horse that has great success in the show pen his "driver" has to have a certain level of talent also. So as the year goes on, lets try and give credit where credit is truly do.

No comments:

Post a Comment