Monday, April 19, 2010

humans will be humans

This last week I had two really fun things happen. Thursday I had a filly born that is really nice. I was pretty sure the way her mother is bred she would be a good producer, and the stud she is by was a very nice, very underrated horse. I really like it when I'm right. The more involved I am in breeding the more confident that I am in my ability to produce offspring that are going to be really good individuals. I was really luck that she was born on Thursday nite because I wanted to go and race my car on Saturday, which meant leaving on Friday, I wouldnt have been able to go if she hadnt foaled yet. Lucky me!
Which brings me to the topic of my title and the other fun thing I did this weekend. A little background first. There is a new race track here in Arizona, it is south east of Tucson out in the desert at Wilcox set in the local mountain range. It is turning into a beautufil facility, more like a park than racetrack. The main reason I wanted to race there is this track is a dedicated road course. It is not an oval with a road course in the middle, or a dragstrip, or an airport. It is a road course, elevation changes, off camber turns, decreasing radius turns you name it. With my limited racing experience I really want to go. I had mentioned on several occasions to my fellow club members that if the track opened up please include me. Well some of them had gone a couple of times and new another event was coming up, you see they are mostly invitational at this point because the track is new, and nobody though to mention to me about the event. I happened to hear about it while surfing the web. Imagine that, finding information on the web.
Anyway I got online, sent a couple of emails and got myself invited. Well needless to say so far it was absolutely the most fun that I have had with my race car. The hospitality was fantastic, the track is incredible, my car was superb, I am slowly learning how to drive the thing. It was everything that I had hoped it to be. It was really nice to go to an event, where the promoter, in this case the track owner, didnt have his own racing goals in mind. Dont get me wrong, I love club racing, but it seems just like everthing else in this world right at the moment. Everyone involved seems to have their own personal agenda. Our last big event held on April 10th, was nothing short of a clusterf___! Aside from the typical drivers having on track dificulties, the overall organization of the event sucked. Time trial groups were run together without any notice to the drivers. That is who is paying the bills by the way. Ive heard that the best way to make an impact is to affect someones pocketbook, so I am going to switch clubs for most part the rest of the year. I'll still run a few NASA dates. One day a weekend instead of two, but I'm not out here running for points, I'm trying to learn to drive my car as best as I can. I'll switch over to Pro-Auto sports, for most of the rest of the events. I'm going to spend my money where I will have the best time.

No comments:

Post a Comment