Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Defining Moments

     I believe that everyone has at least one defining moment in their lives.  Some people have more than one. I believe these moments can define ones life, either for themselves, or for other people.  They can change their lives when they have these moments, or not, the same goes for their friends, supporters, or others within their sphere of influence.
     I have had a few defining moments in my life.  Each time I've recognized that I need to make a change in my life and I have.  Either for better or not, but it has been a wholesale change, and I haven't gone back later and said I need a do over.  I've watched friends, individuals I've done business with, acquaintances, and people that I have never met, and people in the public eye have defining moments.  I've based some of my decisions on how they have reacted to their own defining moments. 
     The September 11th attacks on the world trade center was the defining moment for George Bush's presidency.  I believe it shaped the rest of his elected years, and may have shaped the rest of his personal life as well.  For me his defining moment and how he handled the attacks was a defining moment for me.  It shaped how I would perceive his presidency.
     I believe that today was one of those moments for Barack Obama.  The two attacks on the U.S. embassy's were an opportunity for him to step into the role as the most powerful leader in the free world.  Weather or not he felt they were a defining moment in his life,  they were a defining moment for me.  You see good or bad, religious beliefs, personal beliefs aside.  I prefer a president that is a leader.  Just like the boss at work that you may hate, but you respect because he is a really good boss, because he is good at his job so you  try to do a good job as well. 
      Today Barack Obama failed at being a leader.  You see Republican or Democrat, or Independent, Methodist, Catholic, or Muslim, if you live in the United States as a citizen of the United States, there are certain rights and privileges that you are allowed.  The right to bear arms, the right to worship as you choose, the right of freedom of speech just to name a few.  As the president of the United States, you are elected by the people because the majority of the people believe that you will uphold those rights.  You believe in them as well.  You believe they are worth fighting for.  You were not elected to force your beliefs on the people.  You work for us.  In the same way that if you are the president of the United States.  We the people will do our best to defend you.  There are men in the presidential secret service detail that protect you and your family who may not have the same political agenda, and religious beliefs but they will defend you to the death if for no reason except for pride in their jobs.  If you actually believe that you need to apologize for a non main stream film on YouTube because it offends a small faction of radical Muslims.  Then you Mr President are no leader and do not deserve to be the leader of the United States.  Freedom of speech allows us the opportunity to produce films, music, write books, even write in this blog.  Apologizing for that right is a disgrace to your office and an embarrassment to the People of the United States. 
     Regardless of your beliefs on gay rights, the women's right to choose what to do with her body, health insurance coverage, or your own religious beliefs.  I can look past all that.  What I can't look past is your continual disdain for the very rights that allowed you the very successes that you have achieved.  YOU BARACK OBAMA DO NOT DESERVE TO BE THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.  I may not like Mitt Romney, in fact most of his policies are just as offensive as yours, but above all I believe he is an American and will protect those rights which our forefathers fought so hard for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment