Friday, October 15, 2010

A Movie Review

The weather is turning nice finally. You can feel it in the air in the mornings. Soon all will be back to normal and we Arizonians will be over-run with tourists and snow birds and 5th wheels that need to have slow moving vehicle signs on the back. I have one of those myself and I find that I drive considerably slower pulling it than I do when I am pulling another trailer.

Last night we went as saw the movie Secretariat. Keep in mind I watched Secretariat race on T.V. when I was 9 years old. I remember standing in front of the screen watching him run away from the field in the Belmont. It was history in the making that I think will never be matched. Anyway. I love Diane Lane. I think she is one of the most talented actresses of our time. She is great in her role as Penney Chenery. The story line is fantastic and it is the only movie made about any facet of the horse industry that seems to show a realistic view of what actually goes on. The emotion. The risk. The cost, constantly losing money, The good ole boys club and the stress. And it does a really great job of showing the long stride that Secretariat had that made him so special. His stride is longer than any other ever measured by a race horse, and if you watch the slow motion racing sequences they film them from an angle that makes it look like the horse in the movie is taking a huge stride himself. I love a good story and this movie is a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment