Thursday, July 29, 2010

my pet peeve

Let me say right up front that this blog is going to offend some of you. Probably just the ones that I am talking about.
One of my major pet peeve's is the entire sales and marketing industry that is based upon selling to and using friends, neighbors, clubs, etc. to sell too and directly benefit yourself. I am offeded by this more than you can imagine.
Second, by now those of you who know me also know that I belong to a club here in Phx that will go un-named. I mistakenly assumed that the general personality of this group of people would somehow be different than the equine based groups I have belonged to in the past. Then I realized that people will be people no matter what group they are. A trait that is true along all cross sections of humanity I guess.
The club that I belong to it a great club with a really great group of people. Unfortunatly recently we have been infiltrated by one of those parasitic individuals that preys on others. You know the type. Its always I'll do this for you if you do this for me. Never actually paying for anything. Using his percieved over-inflated value to take advantage of others. I guess no harm is actually being done as long as his victims follow along willingly. It just really pisses me off. I like to watch the dynamic of the individuals and their interaction with him. Some of them had this person pegged from the start, some follow along blindly, some hang around on the fringe totally avoiding the fallout. This would be the group that I should belong to and never do. I also think some follow along because their economic situation leads them to always look for the next best thing. Anyway, I am sure that this person will only belong to the club until the well runs dry and then they will move on in search of a new host.
Enough of that now lets talk about something that I really like. The new GEICO insurance commercial depicting the retired military officer that has become a therapist. He is so the person that I'd like to be. Tells it like it is. Doesnt like any "mamby pampy" bullshit. It's great. I love watching the commercial. One of the few that I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment